Friday, March 13, 2009

Butterfly Release


When I first starting planning this Dedication I knew I wanted it to be special. I also knew that Kira loved butterflies, rainbows and all things princess. So I searched and found an organization called Wings of Hope that provide butterflies for events just like ours.

Photo: Kira Halloween 2006
The first time I spoke with Alicia from Wings of Hope I could sense that she too knew how important this was to have butterflies for Kira. She has worked with breeders to get us butterflies to release for our Dedication on April 11 at Possum Creek Park.

Logo: Wings of Hope Butterflies

Butterflies to me symbolize a new hope and beginning. They start from a caterpillar and then transform into this beautiful butterfly and then take off to the skies and the heavens if you will. I am so grateful that we have organizations like this to reach out in the time of need. I really feel that the Butterfly Release will add a very special moment for us all.

1 comment:

  1. Erika,

    This is a beautiful blog. My family and I thank you so much for your love of Heather and Kira. You are truly part of the family.

    I am looking forward to being down in Gainesville for this day to remember them and to see you and your lovely daughter.

    One of my fondest memories is going with Kira to the butterfly house at the museum in Gainesville. She loved it. I have several photos I will get online in the next few days, probably early next week, so you can add them to the blog if you wish.

    Thanks again,
    Bob Radcliffe
    Durham, NC

    ReplyDelete