Thursday, March 12, 2009

Gazebo



O.K. after we lost Heather and Kira and they were laid to rest I personally needed somewhere close to go. You know, somewhere to reflect on happy memories, feel close to them and just sit and reminisce. Anyway, I had a vision of exactly what I wanted. Everyone has seen gazebos and they are so beautiful, so I thought that is it. It is perfect!

Now I needed a location: when I was helping search for my parent's dog that got lost I came to Possum Creek Park. And while I was standing there in between all the beautiful large Live Oaks I thought this is it. This is the place. So I set out to find out who owned this property and the quest began.

Over a year later with help from Bob Radcliffe(Heather's father) and Pat Byrne from Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs of the City of Gainesville my vision has become a reality.

So below is the picture(which does it no justice) of what the structure looks like for Heather and Kira and it is nestled between all of those Live Oaks which is so fitting for Heather!
Gazebo Photo from enwood.com

2 comments:

  1. this is beautiful! heather and kira were lucky to have you guys in their lives! love you! :)
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is such a beautiful, tangible way to reflect the love of friends lost. May it grow to encompass many hurting hearts and enable comfort and healing. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete