Saturday, March 14, 2009

Family Fun Day, April 11


It seems like yesterday when I was talking to a friend of mine about how I wanted to have a really special Dedication for Heather and Kira. We were talking and she said " I could bring over a bounce house and popcorn machine if you want to do like a family fun day in honor of them." It was then that I knew what I was going to do.

For anyone who knew Heather and Kira they know that they loved having fun and any excuse for a party. So I thought Family Fun Day this could work. I started thinking why just do a bounce house and popcorn, after all this is my chance to make sure the community knows who Heather and Kira really were and what their lives were about.

When I started calling businesses I was overwhelmed by the response. It quickly morphed into a "HUGE PARTY FOR HEATHER AND KIRA" Which couldn't be more perfect. I remember planning my daughter's birthday parties. Heather was always there to help me. We would go shopping and find everything to put together the perfect party. I know I am rambling.
So anyway, each day I am going to let you in on the different people who are helping make this day possible.


So, my friend Jenny Jacobs and Eddie Jacobs offered to bring the Bounce House and Popcorn to our Family Fun Day. Jenny and Eddie lost a child to SIDS several years ago. When they lost their precious little boy they created a charity to raise monies for families who are struggling in dealing with losing their baby. For more information about this charity check out: http://littlebitsofhoney.com

Thanks you Jenny and Eddie for helping me make this day special and possible. It means so much to me. I just really needed to do something for Heather and Kira!

Photos are from floridaradcliffe.com

1 comment:

  1. we will always remember the smiles and laughter that we shared.but will not forget that somone took them away from us and that we need to find the person or persons responsible for this act of violence.

    uncle howard smithwick

    ReplyDelete